Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Meal

This weekend I went to an old standby recipe that always makes us happy - eye of round (or eye of the round - that's for you mom) roast. It's super easy but exceptionally tasty.

I am not going to make a recipe download for this because it's literally under five steps. Take an eye of round roast, and put it in a baking rack fat side up. I use a little rack that is adjustable similar to the way lawn chairs are - here's one that's similar:



I put a thick layer of Montreal Steak Seasoning across the fat and drizzle a little olive oil over it.

Bake at 325 for about 60 to 75 minutes. Take it out and let it rest before serving. I use a meat thermometer to ensure it's cooked to the right temp because I'd much rather it be rare than tough.

To go with it, I poured some balsamic vinegar and olive oil into a baking dish. I set two thick slices of beefsteak tomato in the dish and let them soak up the flavor for about 15 minutes. Then I took two portabello mushroom caps. I drizzled olive oil across the bottoms and let them sit for a minute to absorb the oil. I cut up some fresh basil and put it on the tomatoes, then I placed the caps on top. I added some garlic powder, a little sea salt and some fresh ground pepper. I added a little parmesan and baked at 325 for about 15 minutes.

Yum!


0 comments: