Saturday, October 4, 2008

That's a lot of peppers

We use a lot of red and green bell peppers. But I refuse to pay $1.98 per red pepper (that's what our local Super WalMart charges for them). Every few weeks they are on sale so I can get a bunch, but I never knew that I could freeze them - thanks Marilyn!

So late last week, I went to a farmer's market and stocked up. I also got this great grocery bag that was full of other yummy stuff - like portobello mushrooms, squash, tomatoes and zucchini.



I got 8 red and 9 green, and I spent the last two evenings dicing and slicing.



I layered everything in tupperware with pieces of wax paper in between. I wanted to keep it all from becoming a big pepper popsicle. Then once it was all frozen, I bagged it up, and here's the result.

1 comments:

Jen said...

This is such a good idea! I think I'm going to do this...separate everything and freeze everything and just use it as I need it. Thanks for the tip!