Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bunch o' brownies

These brownies definitely fall into the category of "if you're gonna have a brownie, you should really HAVE a brownie." I totally forgot how many brownies this recipe makes. These brownies get rave reviews every time I make them, but I warn you - they are nothing even remotely close to something resembling healthy.

You start by melting 1 pound of unsalted butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips and six ounces of unsalted chocolate (I use cocoa and follow the instructions on the container to swap it out - basically ends up being 1 c cocoa + 2 T + 6 T oil).




Let that cool, and then add six extra large eggs (I use 8 large eggs), instant coffee (truthfully I've never added this), vanilla and 2 1/4 cups sugar.



Add that to the slighly cooled chocolate mixture and let cool to room temperature.

Stir together 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. I actually add the chocolate mixture to this since the pan wouldn't have held it. Toss 12 oz. of chips in 1/4 cup flour to keep them from sticking inside the batter. Then add to the batter and pour into prepared pan. I use the Baker's Joy spray and love it!









Bake and await ooey gooey goodness. B is allergic to walnuts so I just put some on the top of about 1/2 of the pan.





5 comments:

AndreaQ said...

I don't think you need to warn anyone about the brownies not being healthy! If you do a brownie right it should be far from healthy!! :)

MONONOKE KITCHEN said...

This looks so delish!

Laura said...

These look absolutely delicious!

ShellyH said...

Your brownies look absolutely delish! I will have to give that recipe a try!

Abby said...

Holy moly. SAYING a pound of butter and LOOKING at a pound of butter are totally different things!

I bet these are the best brownies EVAR.